Responsible for delivering high quality projects to clients by utilizing internationally recognized project management best practices and methodologies. Project Managers lead the planning and delivery of all projects. They are the face of ArkeTek and are expected to be fantastic communicators, professional and organized. The candidate will monitor, measure, and report on project progress to management and business stakeholders. The selected candidate may be required to travel and build strong relationships with clients. Leadership and people management skills are required. The ability to mentor, coach and develop a strong team is an must. This is a remote position, so all candidates must have a functional computer and be able to work from home. Web cam and a good quality headset / microphone are a must.
- Lead & deliver projects.
- Direct the planning, analysis, design, development, and implementation of projects.
- Provide management and strategic direction to the project team.
- Responsible for the project budget, schedule, and delivery of milestones.
- Track project progress and report status to the appropriate managers and stakeholders.
- Manage business stakeholder and their expectations throughout the project.
- Create business requirement documents and business cases.
- Create Project Initiation Document.
- Create project road map.
- Establish project goals.
- Negotiate project commitments.
- Develops project plans.
- Review and approve the project scope definition in the Project Initiation Document.
- Coordinate the formulation and definition of the technical scope and objectives in collaboration with Administrators and Developers.
- Create and manage tasks for the project team.
- Represent the company with contractors, suppliers, customers, departments, and other parties as required to execute the project.
- Direct and coordinate day to day activities of project team to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
- Adjust project plan, activities and schedule as required.
Key Performance Indicators
Success is determined by performance against budget, schedule and the quality of final deliverables.
- Create, monitor, and update the project plan on a daily basis. Including the active management of the change, issue and risk log.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project, including recruitment and assignment of resources.
- Responsible for the all phases of the project.
- Schedule communication with project leadership, team and stakeholders.
- Business stakeholder project satisfaction.
- Increase the internal project management delivery capabilities within the team.
- Mentor & coach department members.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to create a detailed project plan which includes: charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, performance measurement baselines, milestones and target dates, risk management plan, quality management plan, project change control plan, open issues, action items, and supporting detail.
- Ability to work with cross-functional & cross geographical teams and staff at all management levels.
- Proficient knowledge of Jira.
- Knowledge of project management best practices.
- Strong oral and written communications in both English and French.
- Problem solving & analytical skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Structured and logical approach to work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Development liaison; present technical problems in non-technical terms aligned with the stakeholder’s role and knowledge.
- Able to break down complex problems, dispatch and coordinate actions.
- Able to work under pressure, anticipate issues and develop plans to remedy incidents.
- Must be comfortable taking the lead in unfamiliar areas outside the scope of current expertise.
- A confident individual capable of accurately defining a problem and/or opportunity.
- Developing and choosing the correct alternative and successfully implementing the defined solution which at a minimum meet the expectations of the business & their documented requirements.
- 2+ years of relevant IT Project Management experience
- A passionate self-starter capable of using their drive to get results.
- Develop relationships at all levels in the business is a must.
- Sensitive to the needs of our clients.
- Advocate to the clients best interest.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Fluent in French is a big asset (spoken and written).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Speaks and writes clearly, logically and concisely.
- Makes effective presentations.
- Actively listens to the perspectives, needs and concerns of others.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Effectively schedule meetings and deliverables to meet deadlines.
- Versed in project management and multi-tasking.
Planning / Organization Skills
- Determine the best use of technology to meet the business goals and needs. This will be accomplished through interviews, process mapping and guided group discussions.
- Ability to work in a changing environment under challenging economic conditions.
- Work along side teams of extremely passionate individuals, whose goal is to create the best possible product for our clients.
- Amazing opportunity for personal growth and development. Take the reigns of your team and lead the charge.
- Diverse and challenging projects.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org